Sunday Morning Nursery Care
We welcome all families and provide care for their children during all Sunday worship services in our nursery. Jesus loves the little children and we do too! The children are engaged in fun activities allowing parents and families to have the sense of security they need to participate in church ministries. The nursery is located in room 117N in the Education Wing. As soon as your child outgrows the nursery, we have Sunday School and Children’s Connection to engage them on Sunday mornings. From birth through high school and beyond, we have a place for your child in our church!
Infants, toddlers and children are always welcome in all worship services. A Quiet Room is also available in the back of the Sanctuary
It is our goal to offer a safe, loving environment for children. Please read through our guidelines below for more information. If you have questions please contact Dia Gallagher Nursery Ministries Coordinator, at email@example.com.
• Ages: Infants – toddlers are welcomed in the Nursery. Potty trained 2 year olds are graduated to a Sunday School class each September. On Sunday mornings we invite older siblings to stay with their parents, attend a 9:30 Sunday School class, or attend the 11:00 Children’s Connection Class for potty trained 3 year olds – 2nd graders.
• Sickness: In an effort to prevent the spread of infectious disease, please do not bring a sick child to the nursery. Some signs of illness are: coughing, sneezing, runny nose (mucus clear, but profuse or discolored); fever or other illness within the past 24 hours; unusual fatigue or irritability; vomiting or diarrhea; inflamed nose or throat.
• Snacks: Please make sure the nursery staff is aware of your child’s allergies by listing them on your registration form. Our nursery is kept as peanut-free as possible. Nut free snacks are provided for children during the hour, so you may leave any snacks at home. This is to protect children with extreme allergic reactions.
• Bathroom: We have a private bathroom next to the nursery so that children who are toliet training can use the restroom. We do change children’s diapers as needed while you are in worship.
Meet Our Nursery Ministries Coordinator
Dia Gallagher is our Nursery Ministries Coordinator. She has a master's degree in social work from The Ohio State University, various experiences in management, and two years of prior service as a childcare provider in our nursery. If you have questions about the nursery please email her at DiaGallagher@powellumc.org.
At PUMC it is our custom to welcome little ones with a special song and blessing during worship. If you would like your child welcomed in this way, contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-847-3703 to schedule.
Expecting? Please contact the office if you are expecting a child soon as we have a packet of information we’d like to send you.
Tips for Nursery Check In
Sunday mornings can be a very busy when trying to drop off young children before worship. Here are some tips to help your check in go smoothly.
• Before coming to church on Sundays, please label everything in your diaper bag and the bag itself. We want to give each child the correct bottle or cup and return those to the right family!
• The nursery is in 117N the education wing of the church. When you arrive, please sign in and supply your cell phone number or receive a pager in case we need to contact you. If we do not have a nursery registration form filled out for your child, please complete the form as well.
• We use cell phone numbers and a pager system to inform parents of any needs during the service. Whoever drops the child off must leave a cell phone number or take a pager and personally return to pick him or her up and return the pager. The pagers are used in case a child is inconsolable or in case of an emergency. Please make sure you can feel the pager vibrate at all times in case we need you.